As the hotel fulfilled the 20 conditions to become a personalised welcome spot for tourists on bikes, offering a breakfast adapted for cycling trips and providing all the necessary documentation and helpful services for tourists throughout their stay in the region, it consequently obtained the France by Bike (Bikes Welcome) accreditation.
1. Providing a personalised, individual service to tourists cycling in the region.
Each of the hotel's rooms has a “Welcome to cyclists” tray comprised of a bottle of mineral water, a kettle, tea, coffee, herbal tea and biscuits. This service is free of charge.
2. Providing cycling tourists all the touristic information and useful services to facilitate their holiday in the region.
In the “Bike Book”, several bike trips to do in the area are listed in detail.
3. Making sure that cycling tourists receive all the necessary information throughout their stay.
All necessary touristic information is available, either on a self-serve basis at the front desk or upon request to the receptionists.
Parts of this information are included in the “Bike Book”.
4. Offering cycling tourists the opportunity to leave early.
5. Inform the cycling tourist of the weather conditions.
6. Offering cycling tourists the possibility of having their luggage transferred to their next location.
Our hotel in La Rochelle is used to working with several local agencies that can transfer the luggage.
7. Offering cycling tourists the possibility to wash and dry their clothes.
From Tuesday to Saturday included, any washing left before 10am can be washed, dried and returned to the guest at the end of the day.
A price list for this service is available in all of the hotel's rooms.
8. Offering tourists the possibility to hire bicycles.
Two bicycles are available for our clients at the hotel as part of our Eco-Label actions.
Bicycle hire is also possible at Cyclomania, just 500m from the hotel.
For guests who would like to hire bikes for a couple of hours, we suggest using La Rochelle's self-serve bicycle hire “Yélo”.
9. Providing cycling tourists with bicycle parts and accessories either on site or nearby.
10. Have a secured ground-level shelter for bicycles.
We installed a bicycle rack in our secured garage. The use of this space is free of charge for our guests.
11. Making sure a basic repair kit is available.
A tool box is available at the hotel for basic repairs.
12. Have the necessary equipment available to clean bicycles.
On our outdoor parking lot, there is a hose to wash down the bikes. We can provide a complete “cleaning set” as well as a high-pressure washer (for a fee).
13. Offering a relaxtion area
Our bar-lounge is open 24 hours a day. In this area, guests can use their laptops and benefit from free WiFi, read the magazines and newspapers provided, have a hot drink, a fruit juice, sodas, beers (with one on tap) as well as a choice of wines and alcoholic beverages.
14. Offering cycling tourists a fully adapted breakfast.
The Masq Breakfast is comprised of a complete hot and cold buffet suitable for the efforts sustained by cyclists.
15. Offering cycling tourists a lunch basket.
The Masqbox is available upon request.
(Published on January 7, 2016)